Slow Fuel Wallet contract simulation/execution

This is a broad topic, but it looks like ever since beta-4 or a later version of the fuel wallet, the time to simulate the transaction, etc is much much longer than previous versions.

Simple contract execution can take around 2+ minutes to simulate, provide the user with the confirmation screen, and then another large delay for actually executing the transaction.

I timed a simple operation on my webapp
Simulate - 50 seconds (pre-approve screen)
Approved - 70 seconds
Executed - 22 seconds

Leading to over 2 minutes of idle waiting.

I know this is a fuel wallet issue since all the operations are happening there and not on my webapp.

1 Like

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing this performance report.
I’m escalating this to the team, so we can identify the possible source of the delay.

1 Like

Hi there!
Please share reproduction instructions so we can review the issue.
Blockheight number and transaction hash are helpful as well.
Thanks

Can you reach out to me on twitter to coordinate? Still in stealth mode

F-117 :saluting_face:

Please hit me up on telegram so I can provide further support.

@ sandusky_eth

1 Like

Great!
DM Sent :smile:

1 Like

Pinging this again, I think it may have fallen through the cracks

Hi there!
You are right, I went lost in the madness.

I’ve just checked the demo, and it seems to be an issue on the wallet rather than the client.

Are you using window.fuel?

yes we’re using window.fuel

Hi there!
There’s a couple of things to note

1. window.fuel is being removed so you might use import { Fuel } from '@fuel-wallet/sdk instead
    ".
  2. The latest version of the TS-SDK (and the wallet too) implemented some improvements on the dryRun/simulation of TX’s (reducing the number of requests that needs to be done) and it should improve this delay. Please update your codebase to beta-5

Will update soon, but this issue is fully on the wallet as there are no requests running while the wallet does it’s thing on the webapps side

Hi there @diyahir

Thanks a lot for your patience, I’ve raised this issue again with the frontend team so we can take a deeper look to any possible UI loading issues.

Please let me know if this issue persists after updating to the latest release :v:

I can confirm that beta-5 upgrades handle complex txs much quicker and are quite snappy , great work lads and ladettes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.