Can't run node on localhost

Try to follow this fuels-ts tutorial for getting abi of contract and face problem on step

2. Run the node

Here is following error that i get

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZNKSt3__115basic_stringbufIcNS_11char_traitsIcEENS_9allocatorIcEEE3strEv
  Referenced from: /Users/lidia/.fuelup/toolchains/latest-aarch64-apple-darwin/bin/fuel-core (which was built for Mac OS X 12.0)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

fish: Job 1, 'fuel-core run --ip 127.0.0.1 --…' terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)

Hey thanks for the report!

Could you possibly share a little extra info? If you could share the output of each of the following commands it might help us to diagnose:

fuelup --version
fuelup component list
which fuel-core
echo $PATH

Off the top of my head - there’s a chance you might need to install the C++ dev tools on macOS, as it looks like one of fuel-core’s dependencies expects to dynamically link to libc++.

I think libc++ is normally installed as a part of xcode tools, though it’s been a while since I’ve used macOS and I can’t remember for sure! Hopefully someone else can chime in on this.

If it turns out this is the case, then we might want to look into statically linking libc++ in fuel-core’s compilation, as it would be a shame to have to install xcode dev tools just to run fuel-core!

1 Like

here is my output

1. fuelup 0.15.0
  2. latest-aarch64-apple-darwin
    Installed:
    forc 0.32.2 (up-to-date)
    • forc-fmt forc-lsp forc-doc forc-deploy forc-run
      forc-explore 0.28.1 (up-to-date)
      forc-index : failed getting current version
      forc-wallet 0.1.2 (up-to-date)
      fuel-core : failed getting current version
      fuel-indexer : failed getting current version