Release of the new version of Fuel Core `0.31.0`

We are happy to announce the release of the fuel-core version 0.31.0. The testnet has already been upgraded to this latest version. This release resolves the issue with the p2p connection that is being encountered while running the node.

We have left the complexity query limit to be 10_000_000 for now, to avoid breaking some applications. However, in two weeks we will reduce the limit to 20_000. If your application is interacting with the local fuel-core node, then you will be unaffected.

But if something breaks, then you should consider optimizing your application to avoid requesting so much data in one request (maybe via pagination or otherwise) and use the latest versions of our SDKs.

If you still struggle to fit into the 20_000 limit, then you can get in touch with us, and we may consider increasing the limit slightly or might change how we calculate complexity.

5 Likes

when update to version 0.31.0 i get this error on my node how can solve this ?

ERROR new{name=imostafa}:initialize_loop{service=ā€œP2Pā€}: fuel_core_p2p::peer_report: 165: Dial failure: peer id Some(PeerId("16Uiu2HAmDxoChB7AheKNvCVpD4PHJwuDGn8rifMBEHmEynGHvHrf")) with error Failed to negotiate transport protocol(s): [(/dns4/p2p-testnet.fuel.network/tcp/30333/p2p/16Uiu2HAmDxoChB7AheKNvCVpD4PHJwuDGn8rifMBEHmEynGHvHrf: : Handshake failed: Handshake failed: Handshake failed: Protocol negotiation failed.)]

same problem
i run node with version 0.31.0 but get this error on log :

ERROR new{name=cryptomax}:initialize_loop{service=ā€œP2Pā€}: fuel_core_p2p::peer_report: 165: Dial failure: peer id Some(PeerId("16Uiu2HAmDxoChB7AheKNvCVpD4PHJwuDGn8rifMBEHmEynGHvHrf")) with error Failed to negotiate transport protocol(s): [(/dns4/p2p-testnet.fuel.network/tcp/30333/p2p/16Uiu2HAmDxoChB7AheKNvCVpD4PHJwuDGn8rifMBEHmEynGHvHrf: : Handshake failed: Handshake failed: Handshake failed: Protocol negotiation failed.)]

I will share it with the team and will get back to you

Usually, this error means using an incorrect snapshot that is not compatible with the testnet. Maybe you are using Devnet snapshot? Can you pls confirm you are using this correct snapshot repo as mentioned in the guide here?

i used snapshot repo my node worked 3 days but again I get the same error

what command are you using to run the node?

Sorry for the late reply. this has been a known error. Will lyk once this is fixed