Running a fuel node on windows?

So I can’t run a fuel node with the command prompts because they don’t work on windows I heard.

I was told to download Windows subsystem for linux, which I did, then I was redirected to the github: Releases · FuelLabs/fuelup · GitHub

Now this is where I’m stuck, I’m new to github, I see so much things in that link, not sure what to click. I clicked the linux downloads in the “asset” section and nothing happened.

Also another question I had is how many nodes can we run under one wifi? I have multiple computers and a phone and can run several nodes.

Hi @zorcy1

To download fuelup on windows subsystem for linux:

1. Open your WSL terminal
  2. run the following command: curl -fsSL https://install.fuel.network/ | sh
  3. then to run a node follow the tutorials here https://docs.fuel.network/guides/running-a-node/

Depending on what kind of node you want to run (local or testnet) follow the corresponding tutorial.

I downloaded windows subsystem for linux as mentioned, i’m a bit confused about the tutorial because the prompts don’t work, for example, the first prompt: ```
fuel-core run --db-type in-memory --debug

I get this error message: 'fuel-core' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I was sent the github link on fuel's discord by the bot, it said I had to go there for the required binaries for windows, but I'm unable to navigate the github link and not sure what to do with it. 

Also would we be able to run both nodes or is that not necessary?

I get this error message: ‘fuel-core’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I was sent the github link on fuel’s discord by the bot, it said I had to go there for the required binaries for windows, but I’m unable to navigate the github link and not sure what to do with it.

Also would we be able to run both nodes or is that not necessary?

not sure why it was boxed up above.

Did you follow my steps listed above? With WSL you should be able to install fuelup with the command I mentioned.

You can run a local and a testnet node at the same time in different terminal windows, whether or not this is necessary depends on your use case