Deploying with fuels version 0.42

I am trying to deploy my contract to beta-3 testnet using this guide: Fuel Deploy Contract Guide | Beta 3 | by outsider | Medium , created a new wallet and used the faucet however when I try to run the command forc deploy --node-url beta-3.fuel.network/graphql --gas-price 1 --random-salt
I receive an error: error: Found argument ‘–random-salt’ which wasn’t expected, or isn’t valid in this context

If you tried to supply --random-salt as a value rather than a flag, use -- --random-salt

also on top if that tried to just remove the --random-salt and it all went through well until the end where I received the error

Error: Response errors; Unknown field "messageReceiptCount" on type "Header".; Unknown field "messageReceiptRoot" on type "Header".; Unknown field "chainId" on type "ConsensusParameters".

From what I read the beta-3 deployment doesn’t support the latest version, but when I try fuelup default beta-3 the entire code returns errors for things like importing library all the way to using methods.

My fuelup show is:
Default host: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
fuelup home: /home/timotej/.fuelup

installed toolchains

beta-2-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
beta-3-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
latest-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (default)
test_toolchain

active toolchain

latest-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (default)
forc : 0.42.1
- forc-client
- forc-deploy : 0.42.1
- forc-run : 0.42.1
- forc-doc : 0.42.1
- forc-explore : 0.28.1
- forc-fmt : 0.42.1
- forc-index : 0.18.0
- forc-lsp : 0.42.1
- forc-tx : 0.42.1
- forc-wallet : 0.2.3
fuel-core : 0.18.3
fuel-indexer : 0.18.0

fuels versions

forc : 0.43
forc-wallet : 0.43.0

1 Like

You are right latest version of Sway is currently not compatible with beta-3. So I would either wait either beta-4 or write tests to target your contracts at the moment.

That is unfortunate, I did a fresh install and switched to beta-3 since I would like my contract to interract with the frontend, but I get weird errors like Module "std::storage::storage_vec" could not be found. the fuelup show after using fuelup default beta-3 is
Default host: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
fuelup home: /home/timotej/.fuelup

installed toolchains

beta-2-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
beta-3-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (default)
latest-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
test_toolchain

active toolchain

beta-3-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (default)
forc : 0.37.3
- forc-client
- forc-deploy : 0.37.3
- forc-run : 0.37.3
- forc-doc : 0.37.3
- forc-explore : 0.28.1
- forc-fmt : 0.37.3
- forc-index : Error getting version string
- forc-lsp : 0.37.3
- forc-tx : 0.37.3
- forc-wallet : 0.2.2
fuel-core : 0.17.11
fuel-indexer : Error getting version string

fuels versions

forc : 0.39

Could this be a bug?

Hey @timotejGerzelj! This is not a bug unfortunately . Again simply because beta-3 is incompatible the latest version of Sway. I appreciate the feedback and do ask for your patience as we approach beta-4. I do apologize and will bring this up with the internal contributors. :bowing_man:

Understood, I appreciate it alot, will wait!

1 Like