Testnet node head behind

Hello. I’ve been running a testnet node on a VPS for over a week, and although it looks like it’s in sync, it keeps running behind.

On my node the latest blocks sync’ed are 5538113…=5538143 while the latest block on the explorer is 7741355

Needless to say, to setup the node I’ve followed the official guide here: Running a Testnet Node | Fuel Docs

Please advise. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @knight we’re currently reworking the node running guide and will have an updated one very soon. I appreciate you being patient with us :pray:

2 Likes

how long has the node been on for

9 days now, since I initially posted this

attached are the current logs… still way behind

I can provide more insight into what we’re currently working on. Right now, our guide on running nodes depends on Fuel’s reserve nodes, and we restrict the connection to a maximum of 50 nodes at any time to sync with us. We have considered temporarily increasing this limit tenfold, but given Fuel’s growing interest and popularity, this approach is simply not sustainable in the long run. The core client team is now redeveloping the method by which synced nodes can communicate with each other.

TLDR
P2P syncing is temporarily disabled for the Beta-5 network. Meanwhile, the client team is working on an update as we progress towards launching the mainnet.

I hope this helps @knight

1 Like

thanks for the insight. cheers!

1 Like

will it be back or not?